Re: Emacs and UTF-8 locale

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: Emacs and UTF-8 locale
Date: 21 Dec 2001 15:17:41 +0000

 > I think it's reasonable to use this kind of approach, but I suggest
 > deferring it for a major release,

Of course.  I'm not convinced it's a big issue anyhow, especially
compared with actually providing support for the relevant locales.

 > I believe I used Solaris 7; could have been an earlier version.

I had a quick look at Solaris 8, and I think it wasn't fully
consistent with glibc.  I assumed Emacs should take its cue from
glibc, but if that actually causes a problem, maybe the list could be
adjusted depending on the system for which Emacs is built.