make bootstrap fails with gcc under nt in the emacs/lisp directory

From: Harald . Maier . BW
Subject: make bootstrap fails with gcc under nt in the emacs/lisp directory
Date: 23 Dec 2001 14:47:00 +0000

Hello all,

I played today with the latest cvs source code and I figured out that
bootstrapping in the emacs/lisp directory fails with the configure
option --with-gcc. The problem target is autoloads. There the
emacs.exe program uses as load-path unix style filenames and also the
arguments to the emacs command in that target are given as unix style
file names. E.g.

lisp = $(CURDIR) is expanded to /f/home/maierh/cvs/emacs/lisp

This also happens in the emacs/leim directroy.

With the configure option --with-msvc all works file. My workaround is
to do the bootstrapping with the option --with-msvc and afterward to
another configure with the --with-gcc option. People which don't have
both environment maybe have a problem.

Harald