Re: minicolor.el --- place a face on the minibuffer prompt

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: minicolor.el --- place a face on the minibuffer prompt
Date: 26 Dec 2001 20:21:48 +0900

> > Have you tried it?  I did, and found it quite annoying; bold is _too_
> > noticable, and the idea is to make the prompt clearly differentiated,
> > not to make it stand out more than the input.
>
> You might recall that my original suggestion was functionally
> identical to yours: to leave the new face with the default attributes.

That doesn't differentiate the prompt at all.

What I suggested (in an earlier message) was to use the colors that
comint uses for its prompts, or something similar, for the minibuffer
prompt.  I find this much less distracting than a bold prompt.

-Miles
--
I have seen the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo