Re: Emacs-diffs digest, Vol 1 #220 - 8 msgs

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffs digest, Vol 1 #220 - 8 msgs
Date: 26 Dec 2001 19:52:35 +0000

> > From: address@hidden
> > Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 12:03:20 -0500
>
> I wonder whether the change below will DTRT on non-Posix platforms.
> Jason, is locale-coding-system set up by set-locale-environment on
> Windows?

On MS Windows we implicitly set the LANG environment variable if it
wasn't already set, so locale-coding-system will get set by the code
in set-locale-environment to whatever its default is for that
language.

This may not be the correct coding-system for some localizations of
MS Windows, but it is no worse than not doing anything. For other
locales it should DTRT.

Ideally we should set up the appropriate codepage when necessary and
use that, similar to what is done by the MS DOS port. But I do not
know when I will get time to do that.

--
Jason Rumney