Re: Merging leim

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: Merging leim
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:35:07 -0800

> I am not going to remove the .elc files from the Emacs distribution
> merely because a number of people say they like the idea.  It would
> take more powerful reasons.

  What are the powerful reasons to keep them *in*?

  I don't care one way or the other although I would be inclined to take
  out *anything* that can be easily created by make. While CPU power is
  widely available, unlimited bandwidth still is not. Comparing Calc and
  a couple of manuals to the .elc files is apples and oranges: one group
  of files can be easily created by make while the other group cannot.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD
Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!