Re: header line in info does not show node name

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: header line in info does not show node name
Date: 30 Dec 2001 08:49:31 +0900

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:
> It might be worth someone looking into the way the default Info header
> line is written.  It is nice looking as is, but it would be more
> helpful if it contained the node name and if a person could copy it.

This has all been discussed before.

Basically, the node-name is _removed_ from the header-line because
otherwise many header-lines are too long (because of long node-names),
and would overflow if it were there.  Since the node's name is already
in the mode-line, it was decided that removing the it from the
header-line was the least bad way to make things fit.  I personally
would like the node-name in the header-line too, but I'm not sure how to
make things work.

To get the current info-node's name for giving to user, you can use:

`<menu-bar> <Info> <Copy Node Name>' (`Info-copy-current-node-name')

It was added explicitly for this purpose.

-Miles
--
Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and then name streets after them.