Re: Changes in latin-ltx.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changes in latin-ltx.el
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 21:00:34 +0200

> From: Dave Love <address@hidden>
> Date: 01 Jan 2002 18:18:03 +0000
>
> If people don't consult me about changing what I've contributed or am
> supposed to maintain, I don't see why I should consult anyone else
> when I change them in an obvious way after finding a problem.

Dave, I really don't understand what are you talking about.  There are
only 2 changes to latin-ltx.el whose ChangeLog entries are not yours:
one by me, to remove a call to a DOS-specific function I introduced a
few months ago; and a trivial change by Pavel to fix formatting.  All
the rest are your changes.

Moreover, I started this thread precisely _because_ I didn't want to
make any changes without consulting you.  Since this discussion
started, I didn't change anything in latin-ltx.el that is related to
the issue.

> As it happens, I made that change after consulting handa.

I would think that matters pertaining to some language should be
discussed with people who actually speak that language as well.

> I'm strongly discouraged from discussing such things except with him
> or other Mule implementors.

I don't see how such matters can be decided without discussions with
people who use these features every day.