precedence of the keymap property

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: precedence of the keymap property
Date: 01 Jan 2002 23:46:21 +0100

I was looking at the sequence in which keymaps are used, and I was
puzzled why minor-mode maps take precedence over explicit keymap text
/ overlay properties put on text.

For example, one could imagine that part of a buffer should react to a
certain keypress (or event) independent of the current minor modes,
but that is hard to accomplish with the current order of evaluation.

I would suggest to promote the keymap property to take precedence
over the minor mode keymaps.

Currently, it only takes precedence over the local-map property,
the buffer local map, and the global map.