Re: Compiling current CVS Emacs on Windows NT

From: Christoph Conrad
Subject: Re: Compiling current CVS Emacs on Windows NT
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 10:24:53 +0100

Hello Richard,

you wrote:

    >>     The build process failed in both cases at the same place.
    >>     It's when dumping emacs with temacs, the loading of "cl"
    >>     fails.
    > Do you mean, while it is using temacs to recompile the Lisp
    > code?

I assume that's done there. But the problem was solved with the hint
of another participant of the group. I had to do "make bootstrap", not
"make".

The only problem that remained was, that "lisp=$(CURDIR)" in a
makefile couldn't be resolved (Windows NT with make 3.75 port). I
assigned "lisp=." and it worked wonderful.

(sorry when there are simple typos in commands before, but i am at
home now with GNU/Linux and the problem occured in the company with
Windows/NT).

Best regards,
cu, -cc-
--
=> GNU Emacs Webring @ <http://www.gnusoftware.com/WebRing/> <=
Look Ma, this man can twist his fingers as if they were made of rubber,