Re: (no subject)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:03:46 -0700 (MST)

    It is accepted practice in GUI programs that you have some widget on the
    upper part of the frame to turn the tool bar on and off.  Emacs doesn't
    support such widgets yet, but adding that to the Options menu would IMHO
    be a reasonable replacement.  (We could put a Tool-Bar OFF button on the
    tool bar itself, but then there would be no way to turn it on again ;-).

    So, while haviong a top-level menu-bar item for this would IMO be
    exessive, adding it to Options sounds reasonable.

Ok.

    > Maybe a "Show/Hide" submenu could be added to the "Options" menu in
    > emacs, and the various display elements could be put there -- toolbar,
    > scrollbar, menubar (though the last would be a one-way ticket!).

That seems reasonable.