Re: how could the mighty emacs lack --fullscreen ?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: how could the mighty emacs lack --fullscreen ?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:35:25 -0700 (MST)

    X though, I have seen systems that ignore .Xdefaults and only use
    .Xresources, and others that ignore both those (when I installed
    XFree86 4.0 and Gnome 1.4 from source recently, in the default
    configuration my .Xdefaults was ignored completely, and my
    .Xresources was only read if I chose not to start Gnome on login).

Emacs itself reads various sources of X resources and merges them.
Can we guarantee that .Xdefaults.emacs is used simply by making xrdb.c
read it?