Re: Customize may not be appropriate for older users

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: Customize may not be appropriate for older users
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:21:53 +0100

   > I think that the same criterion could be used for the code generated by
   > customize: let it go in a ~/.emacs/customize.el file

   Do you really mean to create a directory called ~/.emacs/?

It was just an example.

But on this topic, yes, I believe that a directory .emacs would be a
good thing, to keep there things like my proposal, the .emacs file if no
~/.emacs exists, possibly a compiled .emacs file, possibly the default
autosave dir, the .gnus file.