Re: Customize may not be appropriate for older users

From: Henrik Enberg
Subject: Re: Customize may not be appropriate for older users
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:18:00 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Francesco Potorti` wrote:
>
>> But on this topic, yes, I believe that a directory .emacs would be a
>> good thing
>
> I'd rather not rush into too many changes here, let alone create a
> directory when we know a file by that very name already exists.  What's
> wrong with ~/.customizations.el or some such?  Why do we need a special
> directory for two or three files?

I have the following Emacs related dotfiles in $HOME.

.abbrev_defs, .emacs-places, .emacs.bmk, .emacs.desktop, .emacs.el,
.emacs_bash, .eshell/, .gnus.el, .newsrc.eld, .nnmail-cache,
.tramp_history

Stuffing them in a directory would make life a little simpler.

Henrik
--
I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.
                -- George W. Bush