Re: Customize may not be appropriate for older users

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Customize may not be appropriate for older users
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:29:52 -0700 (MST)

    But on this topic, yes, I believe that a directory .emacs would be a
    good thing, to keep there things like my proposal, the .emacs file if no
    ~/.emacs exists, possibly a compiled .emacs file, possibly the default
    autosave dir, the .gnus file.

I don't want to change these things.  Thanks, but sorry.
The way this is handled now is good, and we have other areas
which are higher priority to work on.