Re: address@hidden: lured with yummy text in minbuffer then get slapped]

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: address@hidden: lured with yummy text in minbuffer then get slapped]
Date: 15 Jan 2002 04:51:51 -0500

   He would like to be able to use the mouse to select text from the echo
   area.  It is a reasonable goal, so I tried implementing it.  I
   discovered that there is really no way to do this correctly, because
   it requires a feature on our TODO list: indentation functions that
   understand fonts.

   I've asked a few times for someone to please implement this facility.
   Now I can only ask again: would someone please volunteer to do it?

i could not find "indent" in etc/TODO but am guessing that these two entries
are relevant:

* Implement something better than the current Refill mode.  This
  probably needs some primitive support.

* Implement primitive and higher-level functions to allow filling
  properly with variable-pitch faces.

is that what you mean?

thi