Re: xml-lite.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: xml-lite.el
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:16:46 -0500

> I have a suggetion for this: the minor mode is useful but a major mode
> that extended SGML mode would also be useful. And I don't think it
> would take much more coding, would it?

(define-derived-mode xml-mode sgml-mode "XML" "blabla"
  (xml-minor-mode 1))

Now the question is: why do you think this would be useful ?
The current sgml-mode automatically turns on sgml-xml if it
can determine that the current file is written in XML.

Of course, right now, the sgml-xml is not the same as the xml-minor-mode
but that is supposed to change.  So in which cases does the current sgml-mode
(the one on the trunk, not the one in 21.1) fail to turn on the
sgml-xml thingy ?

        Stefan