Re: Customize may not be appropriate for older users

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Customize may not be appropriate for older users
Date: 16 Jan 2002 14:51:29 +0100

> I think it is good for Custom to store the values in .emacs by default.
> You can change that if you wish, with customizations, but I am against
> changing the default.

I found it very useful to use two different customization files when
upgrading from emacs 20 to 21, since it allowed me to experiment with
the new emacs 21 features without messing up my emacs 20 setup.

I still have this code in my .emacs:

  (setq custom-file (concat "~/.custom-" (int-to-string emacs-major-version)))
  (load-file custom-file)