Re: gud.el changes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: gud.el changes
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:38:05 -0700 (MST)

    Changelog entry and patch for gud.el:

    Major Improvements

    - Search for source files using jdb classpath and class
      information. Fast startup since there is no need to scan all
      source files up front. There is also no need to create and maintain
      lists of source directories to scan. Look at `gud-jdb-use-classpath'
      and `gud-jdb-classpath' customization variables documentation.

That looks like text to install in etc/NEWS.  It is useful that you
wrote that, especially since I didn't ask for it.  But we also need
something to put into lisp/ChangeLog to describe the patch textually.
Would you please write that?

It should be itemized by the names of the functions and variables that
you added, deleted, or changed.  For each one, it should say what was
changed.  Please try to follow the conventions you see in use in
lisp/ChangeLog.

Ok?