Re: Emacs doesn't compile with UTF-8 locales

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs doesn't compile with UTF-8 locales
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:37:59 -0700 (MST)

    Some days ago I encountered the same problem; I solved it excluding the
    previous emacs from PATH; this work for me:

        PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin make bootstrap

Exactly which previous Emacs did you need to exclude,
and can you see where in the bootstrap process it was used?
I thought the whole point of bootstrapping was that it didn't
use a previous Emacs.  Can you show, from the typescript,
which command did use it?