Re: lisp/term/vt*.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: lisp/term/vt*.el
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:38:13 -0700 (MST)

    Btw, would it make sense to make a list of the issues recorded in this
    archive (perhaps TODO-style), with short descriptions of each issue
    and a pointer to the details in the rmail file?

It would be useful to scan through finding the messages that only
suggest general ideas, add the ideas to etc/TODO, and delete those
messages.  Whoever does this, please don't just copy the whole text
from the message--it is often far longer than it needs to be.
Please write text for TODO yourself, clearly and succinctly.

For the messages that have code that can be installed, I don't think
writing the summary is useful effort.  It is not THAT much work to
install a patch, even if it requires some updating.  We might as well
do the job in just one step rather than two.

It is possible that some of the patches have not been carefully
checked for usefulness or cleanness.  So please do think about those
questions--don't assume that every patch must get installed.
If you are not sure whether a patch is good, please ask this list.