Re: Fixed: [Various] Screen refresh problem with info

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Fixed: [Various] Screen refresh problem with info
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 02:40:34 -0700 (MST)

    I have this line into .Xdefaults:
    emacs.geometry: 80x25

    Now, if I will get a 80x25 frame even when I start emacs with
    /emacs -q -no-site-file -g 50x50

Now I understand.  Does this replacement function fix it?

(defun x-handle-geometry (switch)
  (let* ((geo (x-parse-geometry (car x-invocation-args)))
         (left (assq 'left geo))
         (top (assq 'top geo))
         (height (assq 'height geo))
         (width (assq 'width geo)))
    (if (or height width)
        (setq default-frame-alist
              (append default-frame-alist
                      '((user-size . t))
                      (if height (list height))
                      (if width (list width)))
              initial-frame-alist
              (append initial-frame-alist
                      '((user-size . t))
                      (if height (list height))
                      (if width (list width)))))
    (if (or left top)
        (setq initial-frame-alist
              (append initial-frame-alist
                      '((user-position . t))
                      (if left (list left))
                      (if top (list top)))))
    (setq x-invocation-args (cdr x-invocation-args))))