Re: fringe-mode (was Re: scroll-bar-mode and &optional?)

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: fringe-mode (was Re: scroll-bar-mode and &optional?)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:18:08 +0100

   From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 02:40:37 -0700 (MST)

   >     It should probably do something like this:
   >
   >     (defun fringe-mode ()  ;; this version toggles only
   >
   > There is nothing wrong with this feature, but it doesn't
   > seem important.  It would mainly be a matter of completeness.

I do not agree.  This was IMHO the most asked feature in the 21.1!
I answered about ten times, that fringe can not be removed. Eli did the
same.

   > I think that dealing with after-21.1.xmail is more important
   > than doing things for completeness.

I agree generally, but not in this case (M-x fringe-mode is not for
completeness).
--
Pavel Janík

Use variable names that mean something.
                  --  The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)