Re: Modifying mode-name

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Modifying mode-name
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:10:20 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Richard Stallman wrote:

> I discovered that someone had put code in bindings.el to add text
> properties to the string that the major mode put in mode-name.
> These text properties were copied to other places where they did
> not belong.  It was a mystery where they came from.

Could you please identify that code more precisely?  The only related
code I could find was in the function mode-line-mode-name.  But that
function used copy-sequence to copy the text stored in mode-name, and
then returned that copy.  It did not change mode-name itself.  If you
did mean that function, what am I missing?