Don't grok x_find_modifier_meanings

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Don't grok x_find_modifier_meanings
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:48:38 +0100

It appears that the function x_find_modifier_meanings finds out
which one of mod1, ..., mod5 is for Meta and which one is for Alt and
so on.  I'm trying to change that function, but I'm lost.

Suppose I wanted to make sure that mod1 is always used for Meta,
regardless of the logic in the loop there, what would I do?  (I'm
sure it's a simple assignment, but which one?)

Or maybe I should ask for a basic question first: when I use "xev" to
see what happens when I hit x versus when I hit M-x, then I see that
the state is different on the KeyPress or KeyRelease events.  Does
Emacs use this state or does it do something different entirely?

kai
--
Simplification good!  Oversimplification bad!  (Larry Wall)