Re: after-21.1-xmail (bugs with current CVS

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: after-21.1-xmail (bugs with current CVS
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:51:51 +0100 (CET)

> Here's my first attempt at a "widget" (not yet integrated with Emacs
> widgets) that uses xfontsel or gfontsel for font selection.  Try it
> out by evaluating (x-select-font).

Nice!  The problem with xfontsel is that the returned string usually
contains wildcards.  If I just press `quit', xfontsel returns
-*-*-*-...*--*- which isn't very helpful.  I think we need an
interface which always asks for some fields to really identify a font,
not relying on the order the fonts are found by the system.  With
other words, the routine for selecting a font should find exactly one
font.

    Werner