Re: problem whith abbrevs in message-mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: problem whith abbrevs in message-mode
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:56:01 -0700 (MST)

    > So I fixed that.  I think Message mode should also use
    > text-mode-abbrev-table.

    Message mode calls `mail-abbrevs-setup' to set up the abbrev stuff.
    That's the standard function from mail/mailabbrev.el.  (I haven't
    checked whether that package also inherits from
    `text-mode-abbrev-table'.)

Mailabbrevs is something different; those abbrevs use a special abbrev
table.

Message mode ought to use text-mode-abbrev-table for its ordinary
abbrev table.  It should set local-abbrev-table to text-mode-abbrev-table.