Re: after-21.1-xmail (bugs with current CVS

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: after-21.1-xmail (bugs with current CVS
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 21:19:02 -0700 (MST)

    But gfontsel (the Gnome replacement for xfontsel) always
    returns patterns with wildcards in them, so this is not really usable.

We can ask the gfontsel maintainer to provide a way, if that is what we
really need.

      The entry in
    after-21.1-xmail is talking about the Customize Face interface, so my
    current thinking is to keep the separate fields we have at present,
    and add an extra button that lets the user use the font dialog as an
    easy way to populate a number of those fields.

This might be convenient for the user, too.
We might want to do this even if we had an alternative.