Re: [Manuel Serrano <address@hidden>] Re: flyspell before and after-stri

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Manuel Serrano <address@hidden>] Re: flyspell before and after-string
Date: 29 Jan 2002 00:08:50 +0900

    Manuel> To my opinion this is cumbersome (most likely I miss
    Manuel> understand the correct way to use overlay...).

Emacs 21's Lispref describes this property for overlays:

@item evaporate
@kindex evaporate @r{(overlay property)}
If this property is address@hidden, the overlay is deleted automatically
if it ever becomes empty (i.e., if it spans no characters).

According to etc/ONEWS this was introduced in 19.29, so you can
probably rely on it even for very old Emacsen.