Re: transient-mark-mode and region highlighting

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: transient-mark-mode and region highlighting
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:46:03 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Pavel =?iso-8859-2?q?Jan=EDk?=)
> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:02:12 +0100
>
> last time I tried turning transient-mark-mode on, I gave up almost
> instantly with the same reason as ever before: it did highlighting
> a lot...

My biggest gripe about transient-mark-mode is that "C-x C-x"
highlights the region.  That is a terrible nuisance for me, since I
use "C-x C-x" A LOT.  It's possible that there are other operations
which cause the highlight and which might annoy others.

How about an option that the region will only become active when
explicitly marked (with a mouse)?