Re: Finding x,y coords for (point) from lisp.

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: Finding x,y coords for (point) from lisp.
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:34:46 +0100

   From: address@hidden (Kevin A. Burton)
   Date: 25 Jan 2002 14:22:04 -0800

   > I wanted to do absolute positioning with frames and tooltips around the
(point)
   > but there was really no way to do this from lisp.

I do not think there is a way to do that right now. But I think it should be.

   > I would be excited if there was because I could start to work on my next
   > project.

You can start it right now - this should work. Ugly, but works... Temporary
moves mouse to the point and then back. Having this can be *really*
useful. We can start on emulating the functionality people miss from Emacs
(something like eldoc, but via tool-tips, etc.).

(defun pj-test-tip()
  (setq mouse-position (mouse-position))
  (setq point-position (mouse-avoidance-point-position))
  (set-mouse-position (car point-position)
                      (car (cdr point-position))
                      (cdr (cdr point-position)))
  (x-show-tip "This should be tooltip at (point).  Ugly!")
  (set-mouse-position (car mouse-position)
                      (car (cdr mouse-position))
                      (cdr (cdr mouse-position))))
--
Pavel Janík

I personally don't believe a patch tracking system makes life any easier.
                  -- Russell King <address@hidden> in LKML