Re: New snake patch...

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: New snake patch...
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:37:13 +0100

   From: Deepak Goel <address@hidden>
   Date: 28 Jan 2002 15:32:55 -0500

Hello Deepak,

   > To see what the patch does that is different, type M-x
   > snake-introduction after applying the patch.  IMHO, the patch removes
   > a serious bug, and makes the game pleasurable...  The snake now does
   > what the user wants it to do.. and my scores jumped much higher.. :)

thank you very much for your work on this. To make a better use of it, can
you please also provide us with the ChangeLog entries for your changes?
Can you also discuss these changes directly with Glynn Clements
<address@hidden> who is the primary author of this file?

Some comments:

-;;; snake.el --- implementation of Snake for Emacs
+;;; snake.el -- Implementation of Snake for Emacs

Our coding conventions (described in Elisp reference manual, (elisp)Library
Headers) tells you to use three `-'. Please discard this hunk.

Please leave Code: and Commentary: headers where they are. Also kill (defun
snake-introduction () and its text. It is useless for users.

This change in your patch:

-(defvar snake-score-file (concat temporary-file-directory "snake-scores")
+(defvar snake-score-file "/tmp/snake-scores"

reverts correct behaviour. On some systems, we do not have /tmp, but we
have temporary-file-directory!

+(defvar snake-velocity-que nil
+  "Is a que..")

Please fill in the doc-string.

Also try to actually apply your patch to the file and compile the file.
--
Pavel Janík

No matter how hard you try, you can't make a racehorse out of a pig.
You can, however, make a faster pig.
                  -- An unknown author in GNU Emacs about Emacs's byte-opt