Re: pong.el and color-tty

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: pong.el and color-tty
Date: 31 Jan 2002 09:41:21 +1000

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> AFAICS, pong-blank-color _is_ a string:

Yes, but it looks like gamegrid.el wants that string value in its zany
options vector, not the symbol 'pong-blank-color.

It ends up getting passed it as the colour for set-face-foreground and
set-face-background (though right now gamegrid-color bombs before
getting to that point).

> What is the advantage of deleting the variables pong-blank-options?
> They seem to make the program clearer just by giving names to these
> values.

A backquote could have got the value of pong-blank-color into
pong-blank-options (assuming I'm right and that's what should happen),
but I think that would mean the value of pong-blank-color was used
only at load time, and later customizations would have no effect on a
new M-x pong.

> Of course, doc strings would make it even clearer.

An introduction to gamegrid.el would be good value.