Re: address@hidden: iswitchb bindings lost in with-output-to-temp-buffer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: iswitchb bindings lost in with-output-to-temp-buffer]
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 02:27:28 -0700 (MST)

    My hypothesis is that if view-mode is above iswitchb-mode in
    minor-mode-map-alist, the keybindings for iswitchb-mode are ignored
    within help mode buffers.  In version 1 below, I get the "wrong"
    behaviour; in version 2 I get the "right behaviour":

    ----
    Version 1: iswitchb-global map will come after view-mode in
    minor-mode-map-alist.  C-x b in the help buffers is defined as
    "switch-to-buffer"

    % emacs -q
    (iswitchb-mode)
    (describe-variable 'iswitchb-mode)
    (progn (other-window 1) (key-binding "\C-xb"))

It is puzzling that View mode has any effect on C-x b.  It does not
bind C-x or any subcommands of C-x.

Anyway, the failure does not happen for me in the development version.
It does fail in the 21.2 pretest.  So I think this is a bug we
have fixed.  If you can find the change that fixed this, maybe we
can put it into 21.2.