Re: Prevent iso-8859 unification for some files?

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: Prevent iso-8859 unification for some files?
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 13:46:42 +0100

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

|> > That's what I meant with future compatibility.
|>
|> I see.

|> > Well, in this can we don't have to worry about this and can just use hex
|> > escapes.
|>
|> But, isn't it better that we can see each character in
|> correct glyph when we visit that file?

If we can do it without breaking it through unification, fine.  But then,
the translated characters are not visible either, and as long as the
arabic support is unavailable you don't see them, too.  So I don't think
this is a great loss.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, address@hidden
SuSE GmbH, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg