Re: Emacs on VMS

From: Roar Thronæs
Subject: Re: Emacs on VMS
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:29:38 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     I have not done anything since December 2000, because I got stuck on
>     the image format. (temacs.exe seemed ok, but the resulting .dump was not)
>     Depending on the response on comp.os.vms (hope you do not mind
>     being quoted there) I might have a look on image dump again, since it
>     seems I have to learn the VMS image format anyway.
>
> Ok, for the moment we won't delete anything.  Would you please promise
> to get back to me about this, one way or the other?

Now I can edit and stuff with it.

Maybe it is time to begin looking at how to integrate things back in?

What I have got so far is available at:
ftp.nvg.ntnu.no /pub/vms/emacs/emacs21_1.tgz
It is diffable against an ordinary 21.1.

Note: the VMS makefiles (.mms) are not generated, and neither is config.h
and some other header-files. Maybe they should be moved.

Regards,
Roar Thronæs