Re: sit-for considered harmful in kbd-macros

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: sit-for considered harmful in kbd-macros
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 22:19:50 -0700 (MST)

    I don't understand.  My patch doesn't prevent redisplay (which
    will happen inside `detect_input_pending_run_timers').

In that case, is it redundant for sit_for to call
redisplay_preserve_echo_area?  If initial_display is nonzero
and display is too, does it redisplay twice?

    So is there any real objection to my suggested patch:

If the purpose is to prevent waiting, I tend to think
that is right.  Most of the time, when commands wait,
it is to make a message easier to see.  Inside a macro
I think it is better not to do that.