Re: "Overwrite" toggle in the Edit menu

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: "Overwrite" toggle in the Edit menu
Date: 10 Feb 2002 20:46:22 +0100

address@hidden (Pavel Janík) writes:

>    From: "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden>
>    Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 16:43:20 +0200
>
>    > We already have that in the menu popped up by mouse-3 on the
>    > appropriate portion of the mode line.  It's okay to have that inh more
>    > than one place, but then perhaps we should have other edit-related
>    > toggles from that menu in Edit as well.
>
> I think it is not necessary now. Maybe that idea was invented before this
> menu exist. Kim, am I right?

I don't remember...  The mouse interactions with the mode line are
easy to overlook.  In any case, I don't think this is really important.

But trying this, the "hot spot" for mouse-3 in the mode line isn't
consistent: It works on the mode name, on the Abbrev indicator, but
not on the Ovwrt indicator (haven't tried other combinations).

++kfs