Re: Changing mode-line-inactive

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changing mode-line-inactive
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:45:25 +0200 (IST)

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Richard Stallman wrote:

> Face changes do not happen often and they always go through certain
> code.  So any face change should clear caches, force redisplay, or
> whatever it takes so that the change takes immediate effect.
>
> Is this not generally true now?

I think it still is.

I never tried to use copy-face in my customizations, so I don't know
whether it should automatically clear the face caches.  Perhaps it
shouldn't.

> If so, what other cases fail?

I'm not sure what was reported is a failure.

> Can someone figure out how to make it work?

I don't know of any way except force the face caches to be cleared,
e.g., with a call to clear-face-cache.