Re: Proposal: Only highlight mouse-face when mouse is moved

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Proposal: Only highlight mouse-face when mouse is moved
Date: 13 Feb 2002 22:11:23 +0100

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > > It seems fairly easy to me to keep track of whether the last event
> > > was a mouse movement, and only try to display the mouse face in
> > > that case.
> >
> > Does this mean that if I move the mouse in a way that causes the
> > highlight, and then press a key, the highlight will go off?  If so,
> > I'm not sure it's a good idea.
>
> I don't think it has to mean that. It need only take effect when
> deciding whether to start displaying mouse-highlight, not whether to
> continue displaying mouse-highlight that is already displayed.

Yes, it could probably work that way, and if we decide that this is
the best approach, it's definitely better than the current
situation...

However, my intention was actually to turn off mouse-highlight if the
last event was not a mouse-movement, mainly because that seems to be
the simplest approach to implement.