Re: Two new entries in menu-bar's Tools menu

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: Two new entries in menu-bar's Tools menu
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:22:03 +0100

   From: address@hidden (Kim F. Storm)
   Date: 13 Feb 2002 22:32:32 +0100

   > > + (define-key menu-bar-tools-menu [calculator]
   > > +   '(menu-item "Calculator" calculator
   > > +              :help "Invoke the Emacs built-in scientific calculator"))
   >
   > Good idea.

I agree.

   > > + (define-key menu-bar-tools-menu [flyspell]
   > > +   '(menu-item "Toggle On-the-fly Spelling" flyspell-mode
   > > +              :help "When ON, highlights misspelled words as you type"))
   >
   > Shouldn't that be on the Options menu?

The problem here is that we have things connected with spelling in Tools
menu. Also note, that flyspell-mode is not customizable option. It is
normal minor mode which already can be activated via mouse-3 menu on the
mode-line. I think that Tools menu is the right place for this if we want
it in the menu at all.
--
Pavel Janík

Follow each decision as closely as possible with its associated action.
                  --  The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)