Re: Unify mark-foo commands

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Unify mark-foo commands
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:23:19 +0100

address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> The mark-sexp command recently acquired the (very nifty) feature that
> repeating the command extends the selection (so C-M-SPC C-M-SPC marks
> two sexps).
>
> WIBNI the other mark-foo commands behaved similarly?

I have now committed the patch that does this.  To be specific:

* mark-sexp has been changed so that it doesn't push a second mark
  when hitting C-M-SPC the second time.  Instead, the first mark is
  moved.

* mark-word now does the same as mark-sexp, more or less.

* mark-defun and mark-paragraph also support the extension feature,
  but these two still push multiple marks.  (I didn't know how to turn
  that off, and I don't think it's a really serious problem.)

I hope that this was the right thing to do.

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)