ChangeLog and unification

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: ChangeLog and unification
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 10:02:11 +0200

Would people who use unify-on-en/decode please take care not to recode
Latin-n characters, for n != 2, as a side effect of committing changes
in ChangeLog files?  Apart of changing some people's names, it also
greatly bloats the messages sent to the emacs-diffs mailing list.

If there's no reasonable way to avoid this with local customizations,
let's design and implement a feature that will allow to do that.
(Such a feature seems to be a good idea in general, even for the
Unicode Emacs, since we are going to enter a transitional period where
some people use unifications, while others don't.  We should find a
way these two camps could peacefully coexist ;-)