Re: Proposal: Only highlight mouse-face when mouse is moved

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Proposal: Only highlight mouse-face when mouse is moved
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 14:56:28 -0700 (MST)

    > So IMHO it could just replace the current behaviour, and I really
    > don't think there is a need for an option to bring back the old
    > behaviour (nor to disable mouse highlight all together).

    Someone explicitly asked for a total disable option, either here or
    on gnu.emacs.bug.

That doesn't mean we should add one.  Users ask for many features;
only some are worth implementing.  Besides, the feature being added
now does almost the same job.  People who want to turn off mouse
highlighting will probably be happy using that instead.