Re: isearch screws display

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: isearch screws display
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 14:56:17 -0700 (MST)

    I have a file with tab separated values and when I use C-s C-w, the
    numbers tend to move a few spaces to the left, screwing upp what I
    see. The file is not corrupted, only the dislplay, so C-l works. Still
annoying.

Does it fail reproducibly?  If you start a fresh Emacs, does it fail
for you again?

You sent a specific piece of text from the file,
but the commentary in that message suggests that that text
is not sufficient for reproducing the problem.
We can't debug it without a test case;
if the text you sent is not sufficient,
could you send us whatever it takes to reproduce
the problem?