Re: ChangeLog and unification

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: ChangeLog and unification
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:06:44 -0500

> Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> > Could you please give some advice how to do that?
>
> Right now, you can turn unify-8859-on-XXcode-mode off.

You just ned to turn off the unify-on-decode.
The unify-on-encode is safe and does not do unification.  All it
does is to allow saving latin-1 chars into a latin-2 file (as long
as the latin-1 chars also exist in latin-2, of course).

I really think unify-on-encode should be turned ON by default
because I still haven't heard of any reasonable scenario where it can
do anything undesirable.  Actually, I can't even think of any reason
why we should try to make it possible to turn it off.

        Stefan