Re: x-autoselect-window

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: x-autoselect-window
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:36:50 -0700 (MST)

    I guess my other mail explains that.  The select-window happens
    in code that interrupts the ``main thread'' at an arbitrary point.
    I wished Emacs would crash when something like that is tried ):-).

We could set that up easily enough.  Fselect_window and some other
places can check interrupt_input_blocked and abort if that is nonzero.
We could make a macro to do that.

Gerd, I see you created a variable handling_signal and made Feval
abort if that is nonzero.  Was there a reason you used handling_signal
rather than interrupt_input_blocked?  interrupt_input_blocked can be
nonzero outside of signal handling in code where reading events should
be deferred, but I think it is just as wrong to call eval or switch
windows in those places.