Re: Why tool-bar-mode t by default?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Why tool-bar-mode t by default?
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:24:58 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Per Abrahamsen wrote:

> "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > For example, it seems like (boundp 'tool-bar-lines) should do.
>
> It evaluates to nil on Unix/X11 as well.

Right, I should have said (intern-soft "tool-bar-lines") instead.

But I see that this won't help either, because tool-bar-lines is interned
in frame.c on all systems.  Hmm...

Well, since the tool bar requires image support, how about looking at
some image-related feature?  For example, does the following work?

     (fboundp 'image-size)