Re: make bootstrap in separate build directory will overwrite loaddefs.e

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: make bootstrap in separate build directory will overwrite loaddefs.el
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:12:52 -0700 (MST)

    Some changes to loadup.el are necessary for it to be possible.
    Nothing too drastic; I had it working a few months back but I haven't
    cleaned it up yet.
    It's definitely the right thing to do.

I think it is a distraction.  It won't help Emacs users, and it won't
even help us maintain Emacs.  I wouldn't spend ten minutes on it.
It is easier just to document what people who build from CVS should do.