Re: Random redisplay problem

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Random redisplay problem
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:56:46 +0100

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:07:58 +0100, I wrote:

> The symptom seem to be leftover characters on the screen while moving
> pagewise.
>
> I'm sorry I cannot offer more info.

I can reproduce it with this minimal .emacs:

(global-font-lock-mode t)
(set-face-attribute 'font-lock-doc-face nil :italic t)

Then I load ielm.el, and I do an incremental search of "looking". Doing
several C-s in a row (to move back and forth between the two instances
of `looking-at' on ielm.el), I get a bogus character every time (when
Emacs is displaying the definition of `ielm-return') either on the
line where looking-at appears or the following one.

Changing the second line on my .emacs to set any attribute other than
:italic (even the also-deprecated :bold) seems to not trigger the problem.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u