Re: etags for C++

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: etags for C++
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:59:15 +0200 (IST)

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Tak Ota wrote:

> > GNU make 3.79.1 knows .C, .cc and .cpp as the C++ files.  And it seems
> > to treat .cc as the canonical one and consolidate .C and .cpp into
> > .cc.
>
> Also the following is an excerpt from the info page of gcc version
> 2.96.

Sure, I know that: GNU Make and GCC are case-sensitive to file-name
extensions, even on DOS/Windows systems.

What I meant was that _users_ on those systems might use these extensions
less often than on Unix and GNU systems, since it's easier to get
confused by cas-insensitive tools.  For example, try displaying such
names in the Windows Explorer.